Wednesday, September 14, 2005

You Just Wait

I'm still here, it's just school, work and the baby that have not so unexpectedly gotten in the way. In fact, I'm in the middle of writing my first paper right now. It's been a while since I had to do this under a deadline. Almost 10 years now. A little difficult getting the engine started but I'm progressing along nicely now, thanks to some Honker's Ale and Cannonball Adderley. More on this, I hope, at a later date.

It's going to be difficult for me not to want to write about the baby. I know this must be mundane for most, but it's by far the most momentous and fascinating and exciting thing that I've got going on. How can you not be hopeful? How can I not fawn? But I promise, I'll reign it in- I've been a victim previously of fatherly sentimental goo and it ain't pretty. Cathy's at 25 weeks and counting, a little shy of the third trimester and the little peanut is kicking up a storm. She's waking her mom up repeatedly (from discomfort and early morning work outs) and will soon be gaining upwards of half a pound a week. That's a lot of bubba being added to that little frame. We're taking baby classes on Wednesday nights and our teacher has had three children of her own and talks of vaginas, bloody shows and constipation like she was giving us tomorrow's weather forecast.

Paper's calling me.

No comments: